the next big thing is in startupcincy.
In StartupCincy, everyone helps emerging and established entrepreneurs reach new milestones – we know a rising tide lifts all boats. And we want to help connect venture capitalists and angel investors to new companies and ideas within our city.
It’s impossible to know about every company in the region. But, engaging with our community puts you in direct contact with the most exciting startups in the city. We’re here to help you find the hottest deals with the best companies Cincinnati has to offer.
Find your next investment in StartupCincy.
Who is involved in startupcincy?
Venture Development Organization
CincyTech – CincyTech is a public-private seed-stage investor whose mission is to strengthen the regional economy by driving talent and capital into scalable technology-based companies in Southwest Ohio.
- Allos Ventures – Invests in early-stage companies, augmenting the capital provided by angel investors who have helped the companies reach a stage at which they are ready for their first institutional financing round.
- Blue Chip Venture Company – Blue Chip provides “last financing round” or “pre-exit” capital for early stage investors and venture-backed companies.
- CCHMC Tomorrow Fund – Biomedical innovation coming out of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center is getting another boost with a new $3-million grant from Ohio’s Third Frontier technology-based economic development initiative.
- Connetic Ventures – The core investment strategy is to see more deals so we can do more deals and create a diversified portfolio. We believe diversity amongst industry, platforms, geography and founders is a good thing. At Connetic™ we believe time matters: finding great ideas who’s time has come with great teams we believe can execute quickly is what we are all about.
- Keiretsu Forum Midwest – Keiretsu Forum works with the regional investment community, and its network of over 2500 angel investors around the world, to bring a focus and disciple to private equity and angel investing that is second to none in the industry.
- Queen City Angels – a group of experienced entrepreneurs, CEOs, and investors committed to helping the region’s entrepreneur ecosystem.
- River Cities Capital Funds – River Cities Capital Funds provides growth equity and business acumen to high-potential healthcare and IT companies.
- Vine Street Ventures – Vine Street Ventures is a venture capital investment firm dedicated to investing in internet and mobile businesses.
- ArtWorks CO.STARTERS – ArtWorks CO.STARTERS (formerly SpringBoard) is a nine-week business development program that helps aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs examine assumptions and turn business ideas into action.
- The Circuit – The Circuit provides education, networking opportunities, an online sales channel, advocacy to government, and access to early-stage capital for its members and the entire IT community in our region.
- Cintrifuse – Cintrifuse is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) partnership that exists to build a sustainable tech-based economy for the Greater Cincinnati region. Our purpose is to advocate for entrepreneurs leading high-growth tech startups– attracting, inspiring, and supporting them on their journey. Through the construction and maintenance of an Active Network of BigCos, universities, investors and startups, we are turning Cincinnati into the premier destination for startups ad innovation in the Midwest.
- GCVA – The Greater Cincinnati Venture Association was founded in 1985 to connect entrepreneurs and investors through monthly meetings.
- Flywheel- Social Enterprise Hub – Flywheel: Social Enterprise Hub works alongside nonprofits to design sustainable enterprises and community leaders to create an ecosystem where they will thrive. Resources include the social accelerator Elevator.
- Innov8 for Health – Innov8 for Health is a community-based innovation program that identifies, incentivizes, and supports the creation and acceleration of innovative health solutions.
- SBDC – Cincinnati – The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Urban League in Cincinnati provides comprehensive business management and education services. Free, confidential, in-depth, one-on-one counseling and low- or no-cost training.
- SBDC – @NKU for NKY – The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) in Northern Kentucky at Northern Kentucky University provides one-on-one consultations at no cost to existing and potential entrepreneurs in Northern Kentucky.
- SCORE – It’s free! It’s unlimited! SCORE provides you with expertise that will start you on the right path towards your business goals.
- Square1 – SQUARE1 is an entrepreneur education and business accelerator services company that provides resources to a broad range of individuals interested in turning ideas and research into business startups.
How can you get involved?
Join us at an event.