StartupCincy can help you grow
We're in this together.
StartupCincy is a community-driven support system created to advance startups and all types of entrepreneurship in Greater Cincinnati. We welcome anyone that braves the unknown – striving to create something uniquely theirs.
Engaging with StartupCincy gives you perspective over the region's innovation landscape, uncovers professionals that can design a strategy for your company and helps you connect with like-minded entrepreneurs.
What's different about our community? Greater Cincinnati was built on the backs of entrepreneurs - hardworking people who built businesses to last. We know how to hustle and how to support one another.
resources you can tap into
- The Brandery – The Brandery is a seed stage startup accelerator ranked as one of the top programs in the United States. We run a 4-month program in Cincinnati, Ohio, focused on turning your great idea into a successful brand driven startup.
- First Batch – First Batch is a four-month accelerator that connects the manufacturing community with entrepreneurs to take an idea you hold in your head to a product you hold in your hand – and sell.
- Founder Institute – Founder Institute is The Founder Institute (FI) is an idea-stage accelerator and startup launch program. FI accepts solo-founders and founders with day jobs, and that shares equity with all participants.
- Hillman Accelerator - Hillman Accelerator is first all minority and women lead tech/tech enabled accelerator focused on developing highly scalable, venture backable companies in the midwest. The Hillman Accelerator is committed to discovering and launching innovative ventures from minority and women founders through our 4-month program based in Cincinnati, OH. Sourcing teams nationally, the accelerator will focus on bringing highly scalable, venture back-able companies from around the country to The Queen City.
- Minority Business Accelerator – The Minority Business Accelerator’s (MBA) mission is to help accelerate the development of sizable minority business enterprises and to strengthen and expand the regional minority entrepreneurial community.
- Ocean – OCEAN accelerates startup growth by focusing on the purpose that drives founders…and their companies.
- UC Accelerator – The University of Cincinnati Technology Commercialization Accelerator provides seed funding, commercialization expertise and business connections to launch potentially high-impact entrepreneurial initiatives.
- UpTech – UpTech is Greater-Cincinnati’s tech accelerator program for data-driven startups that are developing tech-enabled solutions and seeking equity funding. UpTech selects up to 10 startups annually to go through the 5+1-month accelerator program driven by intensive entrepreneurship education, one-on-one mentoring, and extensive community involvement.
- Aviatra Accelerators – Aviatra Accelerators, formerly Bad Girl Ventures, is an educational and micro-finance organization dedicated to inspiring and supporting women entrepreneurs in all the key elements of their business.
- bioLOGIC – A life sciences incubator.
- Hamilton Mill – The Hamilton Mill is a Southwestern Ohio small business incubator for green, clean, water, digital and advanced manufacturing technologies. Conveniently located between Cincinnati and Dayton in the original pioneer town of Hamilton, OH.
- HCDC – Hamilton County Business Center (HCBC) is a nationally recognized startup incubator in Southwest Ohio that helps entrepreneurs launch successful innovative businesses.
- NKY ezone – The Northern Kentucky ezone works collaboratively with several organizations that provide funding assistance to fast-growth, high-tech companies. Our team will work with you in assembling the necessary information, plans, and presentations to apply for these opportunities.
- CovWorx – CovWorx is a coworking space in Covington Kentucky. We are a place where creative and technology professional work together as a full-service agency.
- Union Hall – Enviable OTR location, ideal for small teams that have grown out of the corner coffee shop. Proximity to other entrepreneurs embeds startups with other startups allowing for collaborations and teams to form.
- HCDC – Hamilton County Business Center (HCBC) CoWorks space offers aspiring entrepreneurs and early stage ventures the opportunity to have shared space in one of the Midwest’s premier business incubation programs – the Business Center.
- MOVE – MOVE believes in balance and optimizing life to the fullest. Staying healthy and fit as a busy entrepreneur can be a challenge. With full access to their gym and functional fitness classes you build your business and keep yourself fit.
- Platform 53 – Platform 53 is conveniently located in Covington right off 71/75, minutes from downtown Cincinnati and surrounding areas.
Venture Development Organization
- CincyTech – CincyTech is a public-private seed-stage investor whose mission is to strengthen the regional economy by driving talent and capital into scalable technology-based companies in Southwest Ohio.
- Allos Ventures – Invests in early-stage companies, augmenting the capital provided by angel investors who have helped the companies reach a stage at which they are ready for their first institutional financing round.
- Blue Chip Venture Company – Blue Chip provides “last financing round” or “pre-exit” capital for early stage investors and venture-backed companies.
- CCHMC Tomorrow Fund – Biomedical innovation coming out of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center is getting another boost with a new $3-million grant from Ohio’s Third Frontier technology-based economic development initiative.
- Connetic Ventures – The core investment strategy is to see more deals so we can do more deals and create a diversified portfolio. We believe diversity amongst industry, platforms, geography and founders is a good thing. At Connetic™ we believe time matters: finding great ideas who’s time has come with great teams we believe can execute quickly is what we are all about.
- Keiretsu Forum Midwest – Keiretsu Forum works with the regional investment community, and its network of over 2500 angel investors around the world, to bring a focus and disciple to private equity and angel investing that is second to none in the industry.
- Queen City Angels – a group of experienced entrepreneurs, CEOs, and investors committed to helping the region’s entrepreneur ecosystem.
- River Cities Capital Funds – River Cities Capital Funds provides growth equity and business acumen to high-potential healthcare and IT companies.
- Vine Street Ventures – Vine Street Ventures is a venture capital investment firm dedicated to investing in internet and mobile businesses.
- ArtWorks CO.STARTERS – ArtWorks CO.STARTERS (formerly SpringBoard) is a nine-week business development program that helps aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs examine assumptions and turn business ideas into action.
- Cintrifuse – Cintrifuse is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) partnership that exists to build a sustainable tech-based economy for the Greater Cincinnati region. Our purpose is to advocate for entrepreneurs leading high-growth tech startups– attracting, inspiring, and supporting them on their journey. Through the construction and maintenance of an Active Network of BigCos, universities, investors and startups, we are turning Cincinnati into the premier destination for startups ad innovation in the Midwest.
- The Circuit – The Circuit provides education, networking opportunities, an online sales channel, advocacy to government, and access to early-stage capital for its members and the entire IT community in our region.
- Flywheel- Social Enterprise Hub – Flywheel: Social Enterprise Hub works alongside nonprofits to design sustainable enterprises and community leaders to create an ecosystem where they will thrive. Resources include the social accelerator Elevator.
- GCVA – The Greater Cincinnati Venture Association was founded in 1985 to connect entrepreneurs and investors through monthly meetings.
- Innov8 for Health – Innov8 for Health is a community-based innovation program that identifies, incentivizes, and supports the creation and acceleration of innovative health solutions.
- SBDC – Cincinnati – The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Urban League in Cincinnati provides comprehensive business management and education services. Free, confidential, in-depth, one-on-one counseling and low- or no-cost training.
- SBDC – @NKU for NKY – The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) in Northern Kentucky at Northern Kentucky University provides one-on-one consultations at no cost to existing and potential entrepreneurs in Northern Kentucky.
- SCORE – It’s free! It’s unlimited! SCORE provides you with expertise that will start you on the right path towards your business goals.
- Square1 – SQUARE1 is an entrepreneur education and business accelerator services company that provides resources to a broad range of individuals interested in turning ideas and research into business startups.